Updated: Feb 26, 2020
Are you a waffles or pancakes kinda person? Now me personally, I'd choose waffles over pancakes any day of the week. BUT this pretty lookin' and sweet tastin' stack right here ain't no consolation prize. When I say Jack Johnson would approve, I mean it. The fluffiest, most satisfying stack of pancakes that won't leave you nursing a sugar hangover. This recipe is vegan friendly, but if you are not vegan feel free to use real eggs in the mix instead of flax!
-1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
-1 ripe banana, mashed
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup oat flour (GF if needed)
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
-pinch of salt
1. Make flax egg, and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
2. Mash banana, and add flax egg and vanilla extract.
3. Combine all dry ingredients, and sift into mixed wet ingredients.
4. Mix with spatula, fold in blueberries, and grease pan with coconut oil.
5. Once pan is hot enough, pour in 1/4 cup of pancake batter using measuring cup.
6. When you see the pancake bubbling, it's ready to flip.
7. Repeat for the rest of the pancakes.
8. Put some good music on, and ENJOY the hell outta those pancakes.
If you make them and post them on IG, be sure to tag @bodybybasin so I can repost you!